41) A department with sales of $120,000; cost of goods sold of $75,000; and operating expenses of $20,000 has a gross profit of $45,000.
42) A cost center is evaluated on the volume of revenues generated.
43) The accountant must always consider operating expenses, such as rent and advertising, when determining gross profit for a department.
44) When a company tracks gross profit by department, the sales journal has separate columns for Sales for each department.
45) When a company tracks gross profit by department, the sales journal has separate columns for Accounts Receivable for each department.
46) Explain the difference between a “cost center” and a “profit center.”
Below is a list of departments; you are to identify each as either  a profit center or  a cost center.
47) The dairy department for a food store.________
48) The pro shop for a resort.________
49) The personnel office for a department store.________
50) The maintenance office of a mall.________