21) What is the total gross profit of the company if there are three departments (A, B, and C) and the net sales are $200,000, $164,000, and $286,000, respectively, and cost of goods sold is $86,000, $92,000, and $82,000, respectively?
22) A company has three departments (A, B, and C) and the net sales are $350,000; $410,000; and $285,000 respectively. The cost of goods sold per department are $295,000; $360,000; and $225,000 respectively. What department has the highest gross profit?
D) Both departments A and B
23) The PPC department of Ajax shows gross sales of $730,600 for computer supplies and $934,900 for office supplies. The cost of the computer supplies was $534,000 and the cost of the office supplies was $491,400. What is the gross profit for each category of the department respectively?
A) $730,600 and $934,900
B) $534,000 and $491,400
C) $239,200 and $400,900
D) $196,600 and $443,500
24) The photography department in a department store experienced the following revenue and expenses during October:
Cost of Goods Sold
Direct Operating Expenses
Indirect Operating Expenses
The photography departmental gross profit on sales is:
25) All of the following are used to compute gross profit except:
B) purchase returns and allowances.
C) rent expense.
26) All of the following are used to compute gross profit except:
B) sales returns and allowances.
C) accounts receivable.
27) A profit center and a cost center both generate revenue.
28) A profit center and a cost center both generate costs.
29) The toy department of a department store would be a cost center.
30) A human resource department would be a profit center.