17) S. Ferrari, an employee of Plum Hollow Country Club, earned $1,100 during the first week of January. His withholding included: federal income tax, 15%; state income tax, 5%; FICA-OASDI, 6.2%; FICA-Medicare, 1.45%; and union dues $25. Determine the tax for OASDI, Medicare, Federal Income Tax, and State Income Tax.
18) From the following data, calculate the estimate annual advance premium for workers’ compensation insurance and record it in general journal form.
DepartmentEstimated PayrollRate per $100
19) Estimate the annual advance premium for workers’ compensation insurance, and record it in general journal form using the following data:
DepartmentEstimated PayrollRate Per $100
Kristi’s Mentoring had the following information for the pay period ending September 30:
Employee NamePay Hours Cumulative Department Federal income
T. Hill$4,500Salaried$103,000Office$ 2,000.00
FICA-OASDI applied to the first $106,800 at a rate of 6.2%
FICA-Medicare applied at a rate of 1.45%
FUTA applied to the first $7,000 at a rate of 0.8%
SUTA applied to the first $7,000 at a rate of 5.6%
State income tax is 3.8%
Employees contribute to their retirement fund at a rate of 5.5% of their gross earnings.
20) Compute the total regular earnings. ________
21) Compute the total overtime earnings. ________
22) Compute the total gross earnings for the tutors. ________
23) Compute the total gross earnings for the office. _________
24) Compute the employees’ FICA-OASDI. ________