I’m working on a Social Science question and need guidance to help me study.
The Water crisis in India began in 1999 roughly when Coca-Cola established their factories in India and by 2006 the company was under full protest for the abuse of water and labor.
To receive full credit, please answer the following questions in their entirety.
- Why do you think this happened?
- Who is to blame, India’s government, Coca-Cola, or someone else?
- What moral management style do you believe Coca-Cola is following?
- Why does a corporation or business, such as Coca-Cola in this example, make the decision to conduct business in a manner that contradicts the known best policy or standards of it’s home country?
- What other examples exist where business or corporations are engaged in actives globally that exploit local resources or labor and how are they different or similar to Coca-Cola in India?
- Are there any examples of corporations taking a greener approach to it’s business globally and if so, what sets them apart from the examples you found of abuse?
- How should citizens of a given country work to stop abuses by companies in their country or area?