I’m studying for my Writing class and need an explanation.
Here is my Access to https://amu.apus.edu
Student ID: 5562183
Go to Lesson or Forum Tab Week 5
Class: EDMG320 Natural Disaster Management
Important: ** I will Post Forums and Response to my class ok. Just send me in 12pt Microsoft Word. I will send you the two responses in a few Thank you**
The fire and police department personnel are beginning their assessment of the damage done by the tornado. Based upon their observations and limited communications capabilities the following reports start to flow into the EOC.
- The EOC loses power and the generator does not kick-on.
- The hospital took a direct hit and there are at least 4 people unaccounted for.
- Fire Station Number 2 is partially collapsed; Engine truck 3 is under the rubble, the other firetruck is usable and there have been no injuries or loss of life at the firehouse.
- 2 homes that were on the outskirts of the city are on fire because of lightning strikes.
- Electricity is out everywhere and darkness is fast approaching.
- The 3 cell towers in town have been severely damaged and all cell service is out.
- One of the patrolman checks on the HAM Radio operators. They inform the officer that they have diminished communications capabilities. They can communicate, but not at great distances.
- There is building material everywhere.
- Emergency services report the extent of the damage as catastrophic. One sub-division located on the NE section of the city has been completely demolished. People are beginning to crawl out of their safe space and are going house to house to help their neighbors. The number injured exceeds 25 and the number missing is preliminary, but stands at 11.
- The medical staff that was not on duty has set up a makeshift emergency room and is asking for assistance from anyone who is available. They are requesting that one of the local hotels be set up as an Alternate Care Facility.
- There has been no direct communications with the Disaster County EOC, and based on the path of the tornado it may have taken a direct hit.
- The main roads leading into and out of Bobsville are impassible.
- The EOC generator is not operating even though there is sufficient fuel.
- There are reports of loose cattle and horses as well as dead cattle and horses.
- The University has damage to the football stadium and the roof is off of the Administration building. People who sought cover in the Administration building tornado shelter are beginning to file out.
- The local TV station is off the air, however the radio station is transmitting on back-up power, and the distance for transmission is local only. Since the stations were south of the tornadoes path they did not experience any impact other than their ability to transmit.
- 1. What do you do? (Role Specific)
- 2. What role did you play?
- 3. What actions did you initiate (provide a minimum of 3)?
- 4. Were there any obstacles presented?
- 5. What was the outcome of your actions?
- 6. How does this contribute to the overall preparedness/response effort?
Instructions: Post your answer to each update in the timeframe before the next update is released. You also need to provide at least two (2) feedback posts to your peers, and should include information that helps to enhance the discussion on the topic. Try to include info that is challenging and respectful and that will stimulate debate.