Help me study for my Business class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Here is your chance to envision how you might be able to make a positive impact on the world by helping to solve a wicked social problem.
What to Do
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 4 of the text, and watch the Latitude33 video Social Entrepreneurship – Start a Business, Save the World, Create Wealth and Sustainable Profits (Links to an external site.) (2015). This video may also be accessed from the link provided in Chapter 4 of the text.
You will choose a wicked problem that fits the definition outlined in your text. Research and analyze the wicked problem of your choice in a two- to three-page APA-formatted Word document as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
In your paper,
- Identify the wicked problem.
- Describe what makes it a wicked problem.
- Determine who is impacted by the wicked problem and why.
- Assess the negative consequences and scope of the problem.
- Summarize what has been done to date to address the issue.
- Discuss how the solutions have fallen short.
- Propose a solution.
- Evaluate how this solution is different from what has already been tried.
- Examine why the solution will work.
The Wicked Problem paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of the paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least three scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
- You may also include contemporary media coverage from credible sources and material from credible trade magazines.
- If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Discussion : Discuss the motivators and rewards that encourage individuals to begin entrepreneurial careers. What problems might be anticipated if an entrepreneur were to become obsessed with one of these rewards—for example, if he or she had an excessive desire for independence?
A temptation that prospective entrepreneurs often succumb to is deciding on a product or service for their business ventures without first doing their homework. A business opportunity is an apparent way of generating value through unique, novel, or desirable products and services, and even processes that have not been previously exploited. For an opportunity to be viable (enduring), the idea must have the capacity to generate value.
Value comes from addressing a challenge or resolving a problem in an innovative way that provides a feasible, viable, and desirable solution. Framing an entrepreneurial challenge begins with engaging in the challenge and using imagination to envision what could be different.
What to Do (and How to Do It):
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, review Chapters 3 and 4 in the text, visit the Entrepreneur (Links to an external site.)website, and select and watch at least one of the videos that is of interest to you on that website.
Here is the link to the book to access Chapters 3 & 4
log in DAAMAT8502
One of the videos