Help me study for my Nursing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Provide your answers to the following questions in a 2- 3 page paper (NO MORE THAN 3 PAGES; title page and reference page are not counted as pages): paragraph should be more then 3 sentences
- What should the culture and environment of safety look like when preparing and administering medications? Support all claims with scholarly sources. All claims and paraphrased work needs to be cited.
- Identify 3 -5 common breaches of mediation administration and what factors lead to those breaches. Support all claims with scholarly sources. All claims and paraphrased work needs to be cited.
- An example of a common breach and cause: A common error when administering medications is administering the wrong dose of a medication to a client (McCuistion et. al. 2018; Cloete, 2015). According to Cloete (2015), nurses’ often prepare medications around several distractions. Preparing medications with distractions such as noise and interruptions can lead to collecting an incorrect dose and administering it to a client, thus causing a medication error (Cloete, 2015).
- How can the identified medication errors and causes be prevented? Support all claims with scholarly sources. All claims and paraphrased work needs to be cited.
- An example of prevention: Distraction is identified as a common cause of medication errors when administering medications to patients (McCuistion et. al., 2018; Cloete, 2015). In Cloete’s (2015) review of how to reduce medications errors Cloete found that by developing a quiet zone, an area where nurses can collect medications without distractions, will decrease the chances of a nurse administering the wrong dose to their client.
- Reflect on all the information you discovered and come up with a plan to preventing medication errors utilizing your findings. Your plan should reflect the information you researched. (Do NOT use 1st person; use the “the author of this paper” if needed.)
- Example of a reflection: Distraction is considered a major cause of common medication errors, therefore it’s important for nurses to prepare medications in a quiet area (McCuistion et. al., 2018; Cloete, 2015). The author of this paper will prepare all medications at or in a medication room where distractions are limited. This room and/or area will be quiet and provide limited interruptions.