I need help with a C Programming question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Library Research Assignment
The next major phase in software development life cycle (SDLC) is testing. Quality assurance methods and testing help support this phase.
Investigate the library and Internet for information on the various tests that should be performed at different junctures of development and integration. Research software-related quality assurance tools as well.
- Compare and contrast at least 4 tests that occur between the span of development and final integration into a production environment (description of each and how they support overall quality of the system or application).
- Why is software quality assurance important in system development?
- What are some of the software quality assurance methods that you would embrace for ensuring quality in the application that you are developing, and why?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of 100–200 words about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Testing and quality assurance is also an important phase within the software development life cycle (SDLC); however, it can start as early as the design phase and continue into deployment. Planning for these during the design phase and executing during development and implementation is critical and could halt final deployment until discovered errors are corrected.
For this assignment, you will develop a plan for at least 3 types of tests, and describe the quality controls that you plan to perform quality assurance.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the System Requirements, Design, and Implementation Specification title page with the new date.
- Update the previously completed sections based on the instructor’s feedback.
- Test and Quality Assurance Plan
- Provide a paragraph that discusses the importance of testing for product quality in your process. Be sure to include an explanation of why it is important to consider quality assurance as part of the development process, what the ethical implications of not including quality assurance may be, and why you chose the particular product testing techniques you have to apply to the project. Remember to defend these choices, explaining how your choice might differ from those other would choose, but are ultimately the correct fit given your project and focus.
- Develop a plan for unit testing. Include specific application functions that will be tested and how the tests will be conducted.
- Develop a plan for system testing. Include areas that you will test within both the application and a system as a whole and how errors will be tracked and reported.
- Develop a plan for user acceptance testing. Include key stakeholders who should perform the test and how they will record any issues that they find.
- Develop a quality assurance plan. Include specific quality assurance methods or control, what their purpose is, and in which phase they will be utilized.
- Name the document “yourname_IT425_IP3.doc.”