I need support with this Political Science question so I can learn better.
Functions of Political Parties in the United States
Political parties in the United States engage in a wide variety of activities. Parties perform a number of functions for the political system. List all 5 of the activities they perform.
Those Who Cannot Vote –
In our federal system, states administer all elations. “Universal suffrage” does not mean all people get to vote. In fact, states often establish barriers to voting and California is no exception. 38 million were legally eligible to vote  the other 5 million in the following categories. List all 5 categories.
Define from the text book the following terms. Also cite with chapter and page number.
- Political Consultant
- Focus Group
- Political Action Committee [PAC]
- Issue Advocacy Advertising
- Soft Money
The last community of free speech is the internet.
- Define from the book Network Neutrality
- Does the government have the power to regulate ISP’s and what responsibilities do ISP’s in maintaining “fair and balanced ideas” and not to censor certain groups [those that have been accused such as google, Facebook, and Twitter etc.?
- The large social media monopolies can they affect the 2020 elections if so why or why not
- Do ISP should treat all internet traffic equally?
- Net Neutrality and the Federal Communications Commission [FCC]. Is the internet an information service or a utility? Which one can be regulated? Or taxed?
Leadership in the House
The House leadership is made up of the Speaker, the majority and minority leaders, and the party whips.
- From the text book define Speaker of the House
- The current Speaker of the House is?
- From what State?
- From what political party?
- How many House of Representatives does this state have and how many Senator also?
- List all 5 responsibilities of the Speaker of the House
Chapter 6 Linking People and Policymakers: Media, Parties, and Interest Group & Chapters 10-11