I’m stuck on a History question and need an explanation.
Assignment 1:Essay is due this week.
Class, Here is sample student paper for Assignment One for you to look over. I have also posted a copy of the template for assignment one. Use this template to set up your paper, including the cover page and the sources page. You need to use SWS formatting for HUM 112. I am also posting the week four powerpoints and other info on the paper topics here.
SWS HUM 112 Assignment One with section headings Template Winter 2019.docx
Assignment One Sample Student Paper HUM 112 Winter 2019 with section headings.docx
Assignment One Sample Paper Austen Winter 2019.docx
Please follow the directions for assignment one below:
Assignment 1: Essay
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Choose one (1) of the three (3) reading selections from the list of topic choices below. Read the selections as identified with each topic below. Write a four-to-five (4-5) paragraph essay (350 words minimum) which analyzes the work following the list of four things “your paper should cover” given just after the topics.
1. Reading selection of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Her works are very popular today, with Austen reading clubs and all types of new books and events based on her ideas. In 2017, England printed new 10 pound bank notes with her image on them. The chapter should be read in full at https://www.janeausten.org/pride-and-prejudice/cha…
For the reading selection and topic you choose, your paper should answer the following four questions in detail (use four section headings):
1. Briefly introduce the writer and the situation that this reading is about. Identify the genre or nature of the reading. (Who is the author?Why did he or she write this piece?)
2. Using specific examples or lines within the reading, suggest the author’s key views and key aims for the reading audience. (Give a 1-2 paragraph summary of ideas.)
3. Evaluate the author’s strategy and what you see as the work’s likely effectiveness (or lack of effectiveness) for the target audience. If there is any known historical result, discuss that.(Look at the writing style and discuss who would read this.)
4. Evaluate how the reading impacted you. Identify any analogous situations today, and also key lessons you get from the reading that could be relevant to one’s professional and personal life.(How did you like this? How do the ideas relate to situations today?)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use ofStrayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The cover page and the source list are not included in the required assignment length (350 words minimum).
- You must use the class text and also any source(s) identified (with links) above for the topic you choose, focusing on the main primary source of that author. If you use any additional source (optional), it must be from the university’s online library and of good academic quality for college work.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.
TEMPLATE AND SCHOOL WRITING STANDARDS ARE ATTACHED!!