I need help with a Business question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Review the Learning Resources:
Petty, A. (2015). Learning from your communication mistakes. Government Executive, 1.
Ramsey, R. D. (2009). A crash course in trust-building. Supervision, 70(10), 3–5.
Takash, J. (2010). The four sins of poor listening. Smart Business Chicago, 8(2), 6.
Prepare a cohesive response in which you:
1. Describe an experience when you received negative feedback, including how it made you feel or react. What do you think made you feel that way? For example, was it the content or the delivery of the feedback, or something else?
2. Describe an experience when you received positive feedback, including how it made you feel or react. What do you think made you feel that way? For example, was it the content or the delivery of the feedback, or something else?
3. Compare your reactions to receiving both the positive and negative feedback.
4. Assess the factors that you think impacted the productivity of these conversations, including:
(a) How the person giving you the feedback might have made it more meaningful and productive.
(b) How your preference of how to receive feedback from a boss or colleague could affect your receptiveness to hearing the feedback. Consider whether you prefer to talk, or prefer email or text messages. Does it matter what the nature of the feedback is?
5. Based on your reactions to feedback, and this week’s resources or other credible references, describe how you might approach a situation where you, as a manager, need to give someone else negative feedback, including:
(a) What steps would you take to prepare?
(b) How would you confirm that your recipient received your intended feedback?
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the Learning Resources, as well as other credible resources that you have read; or what you have observed and experienced.
General Guidance: Your original discussion, should be 3–4 paragraphs in length as a general expectation/estimate.