I need help with a Computer Science question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Part A::: you are learning about various IT disciplines, roles, and responsibilities in the field, and the certifications and degrees that equip you for those roles. In this discussion, you will examine various IT roles to find one of interest to you. You will learn about the skills and technologies used in these roles and how they can be transferred to other IT disciplines. For your initial post, use a website such as the Bureau of Labor and Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook or CompTIA’s Cyberstates Interactive Map to determine your areas of interest in the IT field. Then, choose a job title or role in that area of interest. In your post, describe how this role is situated within the broader IT fields discussed in this unit, and define the responsibilities of the role.
Please see attached rubric for instruction
Part B::: responses to the two paragraphs below separately and discuss the job title or role they chose. In your response, describe the tools, skills, and certifications your peer would need to be successful in the identified role. Additionally, describe at least one other role that these skills and certifications could be used in.
Paragraph 1::: Computer and information systems managers, often called information technology (IT) managers or IT project managers, plan, coordinate, and direct computer-related activities in an organization. They help determine the information technology goals of an organization and are responsible for implementing computer systems to meet those goals.
Computer and information systems managers typically do the following:
- Analyze their organization’s computer needs and recommend possible upgrades for top executives to consider
- Plan and direct the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software
- Ensure the security of an organization’s network and electronic documents
- Assess the costs and benefits of new projects and justify funding on projects to top executives
- Learn about new technology and look for ways to upgrade their organization’s computer systems
- Determine short- and long-term personnel needs for their department
- Plan and direct the work of other IT professionals, including computer systems analysts, software developers, information security analysts, and computer support specialists
- Negotiate with vendors to get the highest level of service for the organization’s technology
Few managers carry out all of these duties. There are various types of computer and information systems managers, and the specific duties of each are determined by the size and structure of the firm. Smaller firms may not employ every type of manager.
Paragraph 2::: Information security analyst positions are expecting a job growth of at least 30%, with an estimated salary of $98,350 (Information Security Analyst, 2019). The responsibilities for this job title include monitoring networks for security breaches, investigating security breaches, install and use security software, penetration testing, documenting breaches, and informing the company/employees about security standards (Information Security Analyst, 2019). They also may be responsible for creating disaster recovery plans and setting security standards for the organization. Information security analysts work very closely with most IT occupations, because nearly every computer network needs to be secure. For example, a web developer has to consider vulnerabilities in their websites and may have an information security analyst help locate any. Information security analysts are supporting roles to most of the IT field, keeping data and networks as safe as possible.