I’m working on a Law question and need guidance to help me study.
- Review your textbook’s discussion re: Another Human Being Requirement.
- Internet Activity 1:
Many jurisdictions recognize the unlawful killing of a fetus as murder. For a discussion and listing of state laws, consult the National Conference of State Legislatures webpage, http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx and search fetal homicide. Focus on Florida. Review the statutes listed.
- Based on your research and utilizing proper terminology from your textbook, answer the following questions:
- Does Florida follow the common law definition of “human being.”? Explain.
- What is Florida’s position on fetal homicide? Is it a crime? What degree is the offense? Explain.
- Do you agree with Florida’s position on its treatment of crimes involving the death of a fetus? Why or why not?